how will will we measure 147* and construct its bisector
The below given steps will be followed to construct an angle of 147º measure and its bisector.
(1) Draw a line l and mark a point O on it. Place the centre of the protractor at point O and the zero edge along line l.
(2) Mark a point A at 147º. Join OA. OA is the required ray making 147º with line l.
(3) Draw an arc of convenient radius, while taking point O as centre. Let it intersect both rays of angle 147º at point A and B.
(4) Taking A and B as centres, draw arcs of radius more than AB in the interior of angle of 147º. Let those intersect each other at C. Join OC.
OC is the required bisector of 147º angle.
Hope this information will clear your doubts about the topic.
If you have any more doubts, just ask here on the forum and our expert will try to help you out as soon as possible.
Locate the original diagram of the angle.
- Depending on your educational level, you may have to copy this angle over using the Construct an Angle Congruent to a Given Angle steps.
- 2 Locate the center-point (vertex) of the angle.
- 3 Place the tip of the compass on the vertex of the angle and draw an arc which cuts each arm of the angle at two different points. Use whatever width of the compass you want to. Let us call this arc as the first arc.
- 4 Place the tip of the compass on one of the points where the first arc cuts an arm of the angle. Draw a second arc somewhere in the region contained between the arms of the angle. Use whatever width of the compass you want to.
- 5 Place the compass' tip on the point of intersection of the first arc and the other arm, without changing the width of the compass. Draw a third arc which cuts thesecond arc at some point.
Draw a line connecting the vertex of the angle and the point of intersection of the second and the third arcs.
- This line bisects the given angle.