imagine that friction suddenly vanishes,how is life affected .list ten situations
Friction is the force resisting the relative motion of solid surfaces, fluid layers, and material elements sliding against each other. There are several types of friction:
- Dry friction resists relative lateral motion of two solid surfaces in contact. Dry friction is subdivided into static friction ("stiction") between non-moving surfaces, and kinetic friction between moving surfaces.
- Fluid friction describes the friction between layers within a viscous fluid that are moving relative to each other.  
- Lubricated friction is a case of fluid friction where a fluid separates two solid surfaces.   
- Skin friction is a component of drag, the force resisting the motion of a solid body through a fluid.
- Internal friction is the force resisting motion between the elements making up a solid material while it undergoes deformation.
if friction isnt there then following activities wont occur
- Friction between meteorite and air helps to increase its temperature and ignite it, protecting the living things on Earth.
- Finger prints and palm prints on hand help to hold up objects easily in human and ape hands.
- Foot prints increase friction and helps to stand up.
- Automobile brakes inherently rely on friction, slowing a vehicle by converting its kinetic energy into heat. Incidentally, dispersing this large amount of heat safely is one technical challenge in designing brake systems.