Is there any other way of remembering the use of organic compounds other than practicing them?
Dear StudentI can very well understand the problems you are facing. But, there is no other way other than practice-method. You need to write and practice a lot.
Here are some tips:
1. Learn the functional groups.
2. Study the reactions as per the functional groups.
3. Study the preparation and properties of the functional groups and not of individual compounds.
4. Study all the name reactions in your syllabus and list them down viz, Clemmensen’s reduction, aldol condensation, Cannizzaro’s reaction, Wurtz reaction.
5. Write down all the reagents used in various chemical reactions.
For example: Oxidising agents: Alkaline KMnO4, acidified K2Cr2O7 V2O5
: Reducing agents: H2/Ni, Cu
6. Take practice tests.
7. Practice road map type questions.
These techniques will definitely help you and will make your learning experience enjoyable.