MENTION FOUR WAYS TO SHOW THAT AIR IS HELPFUL TO US
- Air contains life-sustaining gases such as oxygen and carbon dioxide. Oxygen is essential for respiration and carbon dioxide is essential for photosynthesis.
- Nitrogen present in the air is fixed by microorganisms into nitrates. These nitrates are used by plants to form proteins. These proteins are finally consumed by animals too.
- Rapidly moving air, called wind helps in the movement of windmills generating electricity.
- Wind causes the movement of clouds and help in rainfall.
I hope that my answer can be of some help to you.
I'm providing you with seven uses of air, you can choose any four that you find helpful..
1. Air contains oxygen, which is essential for life. All living things respire by breathing in air.
2. Air supports burning or combustion. The oxygen present in air is essential for burning. We burn fuels to cook food, generate heat and electricity, run industries and drive vehicles. The presence of nitrogen reduces the activity of oxygen. If air contained mostly oxygen, even small fires would turn into huge explosions!
3. The nitrogen present in air is essential for the growth of plants. Plants take in nitrogen directly from the air or from the soil.
And at last, plants life is essential to the humans too.
4. A layer of ozone gas present high up in the atmosphere protects us from the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun. Also during daytime, the atmosphere prevents excessive heat from the sun from reaching us. At night, the atmosphere traps the surface heat and prevents it from escaping.
5. Moving air, called wind, has great force. It enables the movement of sailboats and gliders. It runs windmills, which are used to generate electricity. Wind also helps in the dispersal of seeds.
6. Compressed air is used in a number of ways. It is used to fill tyres. Many machines make use of compressed air. For example, machines used in mining and digging and the drill used by dentists work on compressed air.
7. Carbon dioxide is taken from air by plants for photosynthesis, the process of making their food. The air we breathe out contains carbon dioxide. Exhaled air can be tested for the presence of carbon dioxide.
Respiration:The oxygen of the air takes part in respiration.
Regulating temperature: The earth absorbs the heat during the day.Hadit not so, the earth would have become extremely hot and the night would extremely cold.
Hearing: We can hear each other only because there is air in between us. We can hear.
When we speak the air vibrates.these vibrations make our eardrum vibrate so we.
As A Source Of Some Gases
- Clouds move with wind. thus, the wind helps bring rain to different places.
- The wind disperses the seeds and also the pollen of flowers of many plants.
- Sailboats use the energy of wind
- The wind helps in the winnowing of food grains.
- Wind mills use the power of wind to generate electricity . A wind mill blades which rotate due to the force of wind.The movement of these blades helps to run the rotor of a generator, which produces electricity.The advantage of a windmill is that one does not have to use fuel to run it.