. Name the following:
(i) A person who lends his name and goodwill for the benefits of a partnership firm.
(ii) A person who contributes capital but does not take active part in the business of the firm.
(iii) A document containing terms and conditions of partnership.
(iv) A partnership set up for a specific project.
A person, who contributes capital, participates in the business but whose identity is not disclosed to outsiders
- Nominal Partner: A person who is of great reputation in the market and lends his name to the firm is known as Nominal Partner. Such a partner neither contributes capital nor takes part in the management of business of the firm.
- Sleeping Partner: As the name suggests these partners contribute only capital and do not take active part in the business activities of the firm.
- Partnership Deed: This is a document containing terms and conditions of partnership.
- Particular Partnership: A partnership firm formed mainly to fulfill a specific purpose.
- Secret Partner: A partner who contributes capital and participates in the business of the firm but whose identity is not disclosed to the outside world.