name the poetic devices used in the poem the brook and also explain the poetic devices... plz. fast
Refrain is the repetition of a word or a phrase. For example, 'For men may come and men may go'.
Alliteration is the repetition of the initial consonant sound. For example, 'I slip, I slide, I gloom, I glance'.
Onomatopoeia is a figure of speech that represents the sound associated with an object. For example, 'babble'.
Repetition means the repetition of a word, a phrase or a clause to emphasise on a point. For example, 'chatter,chatter'.
Imagery is a description which evokes readers senses of sight, smell, hearing, touch and taste. Metaphors and similes are also considered as imagery. For example, "I babble on the pebbles".
Personification is a literary device that assigns human qualities to inanimate and abstract things. For example, "I make the netted sunbeam dance".
- The whole poem brook is personified
- ‘hern’ is an example of poetic license. The word ‘heron’ has been turned into ‘hern’ to match the rhyming word
- Anaphora- the repetition of a word or words at the beginning of successive phrases, clauses, or lines to create a sonic effect.
- Alliteration- the occurrence of the same letter or sound at the beginning of adjacent or closely connected words.
- onomatopoeia- the formation of a word from a sound associated with what is named
- Inversion- a literary technique in which the normal order of words is reversed in order to achieve a particular effect of emphasis.
- Repetition- the action of repeating something that has already been said or written.
- Antithesis- a person or thing that is the direct opposite of someone or something else.
- Asyndeton- the omission or absence of a conjunction between parts of a sentence, as in I came, I saw, I conquered.