Q.180. Which of the following is incorrect point about chloride shift in respiration?
(1) It occurs at the time of transport
(2) It is also known as Haldane's effect
(3) It is also called Hamburger's effect
(4) It involves movement of from plasma to RBC to maintain ionic equilibrium
2) Haldane effect. The Haldane effect is a property of hemoglobin. Oxygenation of blood in the lungs displaces carbon dioxide from hemoglobin which increases the removal of carbon dioxideat the pulmonary capilaries of lungs.while chloride shift says about the exchage of chloride ions for bicarbonate that take place across themembrane.