Titan note on equality in Indian democracy
The Indian Constitution recognises every individual as equal. Every individual in the country, whether male or female , persons from all castes, religions , educational and economic backgrounds are equal.
In Indian democracy :
- Every individual is equal before the law.
- No person can be discriminated on the basis of their colour ,caste, creed , religion, race, gender and place of birth .
- Untouchability is abolished.
- Every individual has the right access all public places.
- All the adults , who are citizen of India have the right to vote.This is called as Universal adult franchise and is an essential part of democracy.