URGENT!! Define seminal vessicles ,,,prostate gland and cowper's gland.????
- Seminal vesicles,prostate gland and cowper's gland are male accessory sex organs.
- A seminal vesicle is one of a pair of small tubular glands that are near the prostate. They involve the production of fluid that makes up a significant percentage of semen.
- The prostate gland is about the size of a walnut and surrounds the neck of a man's bladder and urethra. The prostate gland secretes a fluid that nourishes and protects sperm. During ejaculation, the prostate gland squeezes this fluid into the urethra and it is expelled with sperm as semen.
- The Cowper's gland is part of the male reproductive system that secretes lubricating mucus. It is located below the prostate gland.
What Is the difference between seminal vesicle prostate gland and Cowper gland?
- seminal vesicle: provides the sperm with a sugary substance, providing it with energy
- cowpers gland: lubricates sperm
- prostate gland: provides sperm with alkaline fluid to protect it from the acidity of the vagina