what are principles of prevention of diseases
Principles of preventing diseases
A disease can be prevented by two ways:
There are two general ways to prevent infection. These are:
1) Preventing the spread of a disease
Let us discuss how air borne, water borne, and vector borne diseases can be prevented by some simple ways.
To prevent air borne diseases
- Stay away from the diseased person.
- Wear a mask when you need to contact a diseased person.
- Cover your mouth and nose while coughing or sneezing to prevent the spread of the disease.
To prevent water borne diseases
- Ensure proper disposal of sewage.
- Ensure safe drinking water supply.
To prevent vector borne diseases
- Provide a clean environment, which helps in preventing vectors like mosquitoes from breeding.
- Availability of proper nutrition. If proper and sufficient nutrition is not available, the immune system of the body will not function properly.