What is NTPC? what are steps have been taken by NTPC to protect environment.
NTPC has a pro-active approach for preserving the natural environment and resources like water, oil and gas and fuels in places where it is setting up power plants. This has been possible through-
- Optimum utilisation of equipment adopting latest techniques and upgrading existing equipment.
- Minimising waste generation by maximising ash utilisation.
- Providing green belts for nurturing ecological balance resulting in afforestation.
- Reducing environmental pollution through ash pond management, ash water recycling system and liquid waste management.
- Ecological monitoring reviews and on- line database management for all its power stations.