what is the significance of mitosis and meiosis??
Significance of mitosis:
- It helps in maintaining the same number of chromosomes in daughter cells after division.
- It is responsible for growth and development of multicellular organisms.
- It helps in repairing of damaged tissues.
- It helps the cell to maintain proper size.
Significance of meiosis:
- From diploid cells haploid gametes are produced by this process
- It restricts the multiplication of chromosome numbers in every generation.
- It results in variation among the offspring due to crossing over.