Why shockers are provided in automobile vehicles?
IN AUTOMOBILE VEHICLES WE EXPERIENCE A BACKWARD JERK OR FORWARD JERK OR SHOCKERS DUE TO THE LAW OF INERTIA ,WHEN WE ARE IN A AUTOMOBILE VEHICLE OUR FEET IS IN A DIRECT CONTACT OF THE AUTOMOBILE VEHICLE BUT OUR UPPER PART IS NOT IN DIRECT CONTACT OF THE AUTOMOBILE VEHICLE & HENCE OUR FEET TENDS TO BE IN MOTION BUT OUR UPPER PART TENDS TO BE AT REST MAKING US TO FOLLOW A shocker in automobile vehicles
The popular belief that shockers absorb the shocks from uneven terrain is correct to some extent only.
Suspensions are actually used to keep your vehicle connected to the ground always(or as much as possible). The absorption of shocks is just a by product of this process.
Longer Version (since I was anyways drooling over moto pics).
- When you increase the throttle, the wheel that is getting all the power rotates at the wheel’s axis and creates centrifugal force (basically the more the torque, the greater the force).
- The centrifugal force created above will try to throw the wheel away from the ground (Newton’s 3rd law, not sure, science geeks correct me if I am wrong).
- The suspension, with the help of the weight of the bike and rider, will push this wheel down; and try to keep it connected to the ground as much as possible.
- The absorption of the shocks from uneven terrain is just a by product.
- The design, placement and the ‘travel’ of the suspension depends upon the type of vehicle design.
- please give like like like
So, the vehicle receives the impulsive force .
To minimize this impact , shock absorbers are used.
The shock absorbers increases the time of sudden sharp movement thereby reducing impulsive force.
This minimizes the damage. to the vehicle .