write the adaptation of polar bear?
Adaptations in polar bear
- Polar bears have a white fur, which allows them to blend in with their surroundings. It also helps them in catching their prey.
- They have two thick layers of fur, which protect them from the extreme cold of the Polar Region.
- They have a layer of fat under their skin, which keeps them well insulated. They move slowly and rest often while moving from one place to another to avoid overheating their bodies.
- On warm days, they keep themselves cool by swimming. Their paws are wide and large, which helps them in swimming. Their paws also help them walk on snow.
- They have the ability to close their nostrils while swimming under water. This helps them stay under water for a longer period of time.
- They have a strong sense of smell, which helps them locate their prey easily.