writing formate of report writing.
There is no set format for report writing. However, there are general sections that should be included and these will be explained. Here are the main sections of the report writing format:
- Title Section – In case the length of a report is short, the front cover can include any information that you feel is necessary. In a lengthy one, you may want to include a table of contents, definitions of terms, etc.
- Summary – There needs to be a summary of the major points, conclusions, and recommendations. It needs to be precise as it is a general idea of the report. Some people will read the summary and only skim the report, so make sure you include all the relevant information. It would be best to write this last so you will include everything that is necessary.
- Introduction - The first page of the report needs to have an introduction. This will explain the problem and purpose of the report. This explains how the details of the following report need to be arranged. The terms of reference also needs a mention if they are not included in the title section.
- Body - This is the main section of the report. The previous sections needed to be written in plain English, but this section can include jargon from a particular industry. There needs to be several sections, with each having a subtitle. Information is usually arranged in order of importance with the most important information coming first.
- Conclusion - This is where everything comes together. Keep this section free of jargon as most people will read the Summary and Conclusion.
- Recommendations - This is what needs to be done. In plain English, explain one’s recommendations, putting them in order of priority.
- Appendices - This includes information that the experts in the field will read. It has all the technical details that support the conclusions of the report.
This report writing format will make it easier for the reader to find what he is looking for.
Have a nice day!