Photosynthesis in Higher Plants
- The process by which green plants make their own food is called photosynthesis.
- Photosynthesis is the process in which green plants synthesise food in the
form of carbohydrate from carbon dioxide and water, utilizing solar energy.
- 6CO2 + 12H2O → C6H12O6 + 6H2O + 6O2
- The oxygen is evolved from the splitting of water while glucose is formed by reduction of
- Chlorophyll is the green pigment found in the chloroplasts.
- The chlorophyll pigments trap the photons of light and get excited and thus initiate the process of photosynthesis.
- Major contribution in the…
To view the complete topic, please