Energy that Transforms
- Magnetite is a rock that has the property to attract objects made of iron.
- The substance that can attract iron, cobalt, or nickel is known as a magnet.
- Magnet was discovered by a shepherd named Magnes around 2000 B.C. who lived in Magnesia, Greece.
- With the passage of time, people learned to make magnets from iron pieces. These magnets are known as artificial magnets.
- Materials that get attracted towards the magnets are the magnetic materials.
- Materials that do not get attracted towards the magnets are the non-magnetic materials.
- Pin-holders, screwdrivers, refrigerator stickers, junkyard cranes, etc. consist of magnets.
- There are two poles of a magnet – North Pole (N) and South Pole (S).
- A large number of iron filings stick at the two poles …
To view the complete topic, please