Put the following in Direct Speech:
1. He asked Rama to go with him.
2. He replied that he had promised to reward his soldiers and that he had kept his word.
3. He told us that he had waited an hour.
4. The lady inquired if he was now quite well again.
5. Rama replied that he could not do so.
A Visit to Book Fair
A book fair is an event that brings together under one roof books from all over the world. A book fair serves as a treat for every book lover. Every year, an international Book Fair is held at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi. It is organized by the Book Fair Trust of India. A large number of people come to visit the fair. This year, I visited the fair with my friends. A wide variety of books was on display at the fair. All leading Indian and foreign publishers had participated in it. I was amazed to see some of the masterpieces published in foreign languages. Books on different subjects such as science, literature, fiction, current affairs, general knowledge etc. were available in large numbers. Most of the visitors were students and teachers. There was a great rush at every stall. Students were being offered special discounts. We spent around four hours at the fair and came back after buying some useful books and I am looking forward to reading all of them. The visit was both interesting and educating.
Choose the correct verb from those in brackets:
6. He --------------- a mill in this town. ( have; has; is having).
7. He --------------- here for the last five years. (worked; is working; has been working).
8. He thanked me for what I ------------. (have done; had done; have been doing).
9. I -------------- a strange noise.(hear; am hearing; have been hearing).
10. I ------------------ him for a long time. (know; have known; am knowing)
match the subject in column 1 with suitable predicates from column 2
Copyright © 2021 Aakash EduTech Pvt. Ltd. All rights reserved.