Crop Production and Management
- Crop: Same kind of plants grown for food on a large-scale are known as crops.
- On the basis of the growing season, crops are of two types- Kharif crops and Rabi crops.
- Kharif crops – Crops that are grown in the rainy season (June to September). Example – soyabean, paddy and maize.
- Soil requirement: Alluvial loam with a subsoil of clay
- Cultivation methods: Seeds for Kharif crops can be sown through broadcasting, dibbling, drilling, or transplantation
- Rabi crops – Crops that are grown in the winter season (October to March). Example – wheat, gram and pea.
- Soil requi…
To view the complete topic, please