Male and Female Reproductive Systems
- Reproductive events in humans –
- Male reproductive system: It includes
- A pair of testes
- Accessory glands and ducts
- External genitalia
- Testes are located outside the abdominal cavity, within the scrotum.
- Scrotum acts as temperature regulator.
- Testes contain seminiferous tubules that contain two types of cells.
- Spermatogonia (male sperm cell)
- Sertoli cells, which provide nutrition to spermatids (sperm)
- Outside seminiferous tubules, there are Leydig cells. Leydig cells are also known as interstitial cells. They secrete the male hormone, testosterone.
- Male sex acce…
To view the complete topic, please