Class 10 - English - Unit-4 Geological Heritage
Unit-4 Geological Heritage
The box below contains ten words from the passage. Use them appropriately to fill the blanks in the sentences that follow:
Mammoth, Precariously, Subterranean, Ensconce,
Alacrity, Exponential, Snazzy, Apathy,
1. While food production has shown only marginal improvement, the demand for food grains, vegetables and fruits has registered an _________________ growth the world over, forcing governments to initiate urgent measures to establish a balance between supply and demand.
2. To construct the _________________structure, the builder had to use enormous quantities of concrete.
3. When he returned from the office, he _________________ himself in an armchair and asked for a cup of tea.
4. When the teacher saw a student perched _________________on the branch of a tree, she asked him to climb down immediately.
5. The newly appointed office assistant earned the praise of her colleagues for the _________________with which she completed the tasks assigned to her.
6. The new office building was _________________ with its bright and fashionable exterior.
7. The pensioner did not get his dues in time on account of the _________________of the officials.
8. The land _________________ the post office was procured by the authorities for expanding the building that housed it.
9. Merchants stock up on goods during festival seasons to meet the _________________ demand and declare discounts when the sales slacken.
10. During wars armies dig up _________________ passages for the movement of troops and supplies unseen by the enemy.
To view the solution to this question please