Body Fluids and Circulation
Need For transport Inside Our Body
- Digestive System
- Excretory System
- Endocrine System
- Respiratory System
Blood is a red-coloured fluid connective tissue.
It helps in transportation of nutrients and oxygen from one organ to another.
Functions of Blood
- Transportation by blood
- Transport of Digested Food
- Transport of Oxygen
- Transport of Carbon
- Transport of Excretory material
- Distribution of harmones from endocrine glands
- Distribution of heat throughout the body.
- Protection by blood
- Formation of Clot in cases of cut
- Preventing Blood loss
- Protecting body from bacteria
- Production of antitoxins and antibodies
- Haemoglobin : The chief constituent of RBCs.These are present inside stroma - a spongy body of RBCs.
- Carbon monoxide Poisoning-Haemoglobin has high affinity towards carbon monoxide as it forms a more stable compound carboxyhaemoglobin(HbCO).
Blood comprises of plasma (55%) and formed elements (45%).
Plasma is a straw-coloured viscous fluid.
Protein contribution in plasma is about 6-8% and the rest about 90-92% is water. Three
major proteins present in plasma are: fibrinogen, globulin and albumins – Maintain the osmotic balance of the body.
Plasma without the …
To view the complete topic, please