Biochemistry of cell
- All chemical reactions occurring in a living organism are together known as metabolism.
- Biosynthetic pathways where simple structures form complex structures are known as anabolic pathways.
- Degradation pathways where complex structures break to form simple structures are known as catabolic pathways.
- Anabolic pathways consume energy whereas catabolic pathways lead to the release of energy.
- Energy is liberated in the form of ATP (Adenosine triphosphate).
- The rate of metabolic conversions (anabolism or catabolism) is affected by catalysts called enzymes.
- Primary metabolites- Intermediates or products of metabolism directly involved in growth, development, and reproduction
Example − fatty acids, amino acids, etc.
- Secondary Metabolites − Intermediates or products of metaboli…
To view the complete topic, please