Physics and its Importance
- Science: Systematic knowledge gained by man through observation and experimentation.
- Science is subdivided into physical science (study of non-living things) and natural science (study of living things).
- Physics is taken from the Greek word physikos meaning nature. It deals with matter, energy, various laws in nature, etc.
- The various steps followed to investigate a phenomenon by scientific method are:
- Identify the problem
- Collect the basic information
- Work out the hypothesis
- Experiment and observation
- Conclusion and generalisation of law or theory
- Application of the theory
- Physics in relation to technology:
The connection between physics and technology can be seen in many examples.
- Carnot’s theory of heat engine enabled man to develop refrigerators, engine, air conditioner etc.
- Study of electromagnetic waves and propagation helped man to design communication systems.
- The idea …
To view the complete topic, please