- An object is at rest when the position of the object does not change with time and with respect to its surroundings.
- An object is in motion when the position of the object changes with time and with respect to its surroundings.
- Rest and motion are relative.
- If the distance covered by an object is much greater than its size during its motion, then the object is considered as point mass object.
- Distance or path length — Total length of the path covered by a body (scalar quantity)
- Displacement — Shortest distance between initial and final positions measured along a particular direction
- Uniform motion (object moving with a constant velocity):
- Stationary object (object at rest):
- Average velocity (s…
To view the complete topic, please