Origin and Evolution of Life
- Origin of life
- Evolutionary biology is the field of science that deals with the study of evolutionary development of life forms on earth
- Big-bang theory explains the origin of the universe.
- Scientists believed that life originated through chemical evolution.
- Formation of biomolecules → First life form
- According to Oparin and Haldane, the primitive atmosphere was reducing as it lacked oxygen. The atmosphere was rich in methane, water vapour, ammonia and carbon dioxide.
- The temperature was high and volcanic eruptions were frequent.
- Urey and Miller experimentally confirmed that formation of life was preceded by c…
To view the complete topic, please