Animals in Daily Life
- Food from animals
- Milk is obtained from cow, buffalo, goat, and camel.
- Meat is obtained from chicken, goat, and sheep.
- Eggs are obtained from chicken and ducks.
- Animal husbandry
- The science of rearing animals for a commercial purpose on a large scale is known as animal husbandry. It includes feeding, breeding, disease control and providing shelter and care.
- Wool is usually obtained from hair (fleece) of sheep or yak. Other animals that can be used to obtain wool are llama, camel, goat, and alpaca.
- Sheep contains two kinds of hair, the coarse beard hair and the soft under hair. Wool is obtained from the soft under hair.
- In India, sheep are reared in many states including Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Gujarat, etc.
- The steps that are involved in the processing of fleece to wool are given below…
To view the complete topic, please