Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune conducts this exam for the admission of students to the MBBS course of the institute. Armed Forces Medical College is a premier medical institute of India, acknowledged as a centre of excellence for education and research. The college provides training to under-graduate and postgraduate medical and nursing students with assured career prospects in the defence service.
Number of Seats and Reservation:
There are total 130 students are admitted through this exam out of which,
Boys : 105
Girls : 25
AFMC Paper Pattern:
The competitive written examination will be of 2 hours duration and will have one paper comprising of 200 objective type questions in the following subjects.
|Biology (Botany and Zoology)||50|
|Intelligence, Logic and Reasoning||25|
|English Language and Comprehension||25|
Each question would be of one mark and for each correct answer one mark will be credited. Wrong answers will have negative marks. For each wrong answer 0.25 marks will be deducted. Use of calculator, cell phone, PDA and log tables is not permitted in the examination.
Successful candidates in the written test are called for the interview conducted by AFMC itself.
Syllabus for AFMC:
The general standard of the Competitive Entrance Examination will be that of 12th class under the 10+2 Scheme/Intermediate Science.
The student must fulfil following criteria to be eligible to take the entrance exam:
- A candidate should be a citizen of India or be a subject of Nepal or Bhutan or a person of Indian origin migrated from Pakistan or any other foreign country with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Must be unmarried and marrying during the course is not permitted.
- Age eligibility: Must have attained the age of 17 yrs and must not have attained the age more than 22 years on 31st December of the year of application. (Not more than 24 years in case of candidates who have passed or are appearing in final BSC examinations).
- Academic eligibility: Candidates must have passed all the subjects opted for in the first attempt of the qualifying examinations as a regular candidate with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken simultaneously and securing not less than 60% of the aggregate marks in these three science subjects taken together and not less than 50% marks in English and 50% marks in each of the science subjects. They must have passed an examination in Mathematics of the 10th standard.
- Will be open after ALLOTMENT OF ROLL NO. TO CANDIDATES BY CBSE for AIPMT (NEET)-2016.
- Candidates desirous of Admission must apply through AIPMT (NEET) 2016.
AFMC Application Process:
- AFMC 2015 application forms can be downloaded from the official website.
- Payment can be made through Bank Challan downloaded from the site.
The duration of the course is four and half year followed by internship of one year.
Students have compulsory liability to serve as Commissioned Officers in Armed Forces Medical Services.
Steps for filling up AFMC application form:
- Candidates are required to register on to AFMC website with valid e-mail ID.
- An e-mail with a temporary password will be generated and sent to the registered e-mail ID.
- Now log in with this details on AFMC official site, fill the application form and note down the unique registration ID generated by the system.
- Candidates will also have to download and print the Bank Challan form. Candidate will have to make a payment through it at the allocated bank.
- For final submission the candidate will have to upload his/her photograph and scanned signature.
For those candidate who are unable to upload photograph and signature have provision for submission of the forms by downloading, printing and sending the form to AFMC, Pune after affixing the photograph and sign the application at the relevant place before sending it at the following address:
- Officer-in-charge (Admission Cell),
- Armed Forces Medical College,
- Post Office-Wanowarie,
- Sholapur Road,
AFMC Important Dates:
The exam is conducted in the first week of the month May.
Candidates selected in the written test, will be called for interview at AFMC Pune in the month of June.