BITSAT is an online based test for admission in various integrated First Degree Programmes of BITS Pilani campuses in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad. Birla Institute of Technology and Sciences (BITS) Pilani is considered to be one of the most prestigious institutions in India offering technology and engineering programmes and various other professional courses. It has status of a Deemed to be University under Section 3 of the UGC Act.
- Candidates who are appearing for class 12 Board exams in 2016 or who have passed in 2015 from a recognised Central or State Board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Maths as their subjects can apply.
- For admission in B.Pharm.(Hons.), candidates with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as their subjects appearing or passed class 12 from a recognised Central or State board are eligible. Candidates who have PCM as their subjects can also apply.
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum of aggregate of 75% and at least 60% in each of the subjects, i.e., Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Biology.
- Candidates must have adequate proficiency in English.
- Candidate who has attempted class 12 board exam more than once, will be considered only for their latest performance.
- Students who are presently studying at any of the campuses of BITS are not eligible for BITSAT 2016.
- BITSAT is an online test where candidates are required to face questions on the screen.
- Each candidate gets a different question set as the computer selects random questions from a question bank in the server.
- Each correct answer fetches 3 marks, while every incorrect answer has a penalty of 1 mark (-1 mark).
- No marks are awarded for questions not attempted.
- While the candidate can skip a question, the computer will not allow the candidate to choose more than one option as correct answer.
- There will be 150 questions in all.
The syllabus for BITSAT is similar to the NCERT subscribed syllabus for class 11 and 12. The number of questions in each part in the online BITSAT test is as follows:
Part I : Physics – 40
Part II : Chemistry – 40
Part III : (a) English proficiency – 15 (b) Logical Reasoning – 10
Part IV : Mathematics/Biology (for B.Pharm.) – 45
There is no particular limit to the candidature in BITSAT, provided the eligibility criteria is fulfilled.
Interested candidates should register their names for BITSAT-2016 by applying in the prescribed application form online. Complete the application form online at http://www.bitsadmission.com and pay the prescribed fees. Taking a print out of the same is advised.
In addition to applying and appearing for BITSAT-2016, candidates have to also apply for admission to BITS giving details of their 12th class marks and preferences to different degree programmes offered. The prescribed application form for admission, the detailed application procedure and the final list of Degree programmes offered will be available at the BITS website. The completed form with the required application fee has to be submitted so as to reach the under-mentioned:
The Dean Admissions,
Pilani – 333 031
BITSAT Online tests are usually held in the month of May.