Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research or commonly known as JIPMER is one of the premium medical schools in India. Located in Pondicherry in South India, JIPMER is a central government funded institute with autonomy. A medical institute along with with a fully working hospital, JIPMER is highly acclaimed for providing undergraduate and postgraduate medical training and having alumni in different disciplines all over the world.
Number of Seats and Reservations:
|Total Number of Seats In JIPMER:|
|NRI/OCI (Under Self Finance):||05|
JIPMER Paper Pattern:
The total number of multiple choice questions will be 200, equally distributed in the subjects of :
|Subjects||Total Number of Questions|
- Each answer with correct response shall be awarded one mark.
- Zero mark will be given for the question not answered. More than one answer indicated against a question, will be deemed as incorrect response and no mark will be given.
- There is NO Negative Marking.
- The number of questions will be 200 with duration 150 minutes.
Syllabus for JIPMER:
The Questions and syllabus will be based on the 10+2 level as prescribed by State Board Hr. Sec. and CBSE.
JIPMER Eligibility Criteria:
- The candidate must be an Indian National.
- Age Limit: The candidates must have completed 17 years at the time of
- Students must have passed Class 12 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as compulsory subjects.
- Students must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate in all the subjects (40% for SC/ST)
JIPMER Admission Process:
- Admission to the course is made every year. Call for applications will be announced around February every year and all major news papers in India will carry the announcement.
- Application form and prospectus will be available in JIPMER and can be obtained in person or by post by paying the prescribed fee in cash or by bank demand draft.
- Applications can also be made online and students are required to register giving a valid Email ID and a mobile number which will be used to communicate through the duration of the entrance and admissions process.
- Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) are also eligible to apply for admission.