Christian Medical College Vellore Exam or commonly known as CMC Vellore is the Medical Entrance Exam conducted by Christian Medical College Vellore Association for admissions in MBBS, BDS, BSc. Nursing, etc. Its a national level entrance examination open to all Indian applicants.
Number of Seats and Reservation:
Open – 16 (1 Central pool scheme, Govt. of India and 3 SC/ST)
Sponsored – 84
Total = 100
CMC-UG Paper Pattern:
- A written test consisting of multiple choice questions is conducted in English. Each question will have five possible answers as A, B, C, D, E. There will be only one correct answer to each question. Credit is given for questions not attempted (those left blank). The credit given is equal to 1/5 (0.2) of the mark for that question.
- Distribution of questions:
|Subject||Number of Questions|
- The General Ability paper will be in two sections. Section I will have 60 questions to be answered in 50 minutes and Section II will have 60 questions to be answered in 20 minutes.
- The entire exam will be 3 hours 15 minutes long. The question is of multiple choice answer type. There is NO negative marking for wrong answer.
- Performance in this examination will be the basis for being called for the interviews, practical tests and final selections. At the time of the interviews for MBBS and B Sc Nursing courses, Christian students who have applied under the sponsored category will be given a test on Bible Knowledge (50 multiple choice questions). The General Paper (Non Science) for Group B will consist of multiple choice questions of a general nature, including very basic science, general knowledge, current awareness and general ability.
- Interview & Practical Tests: Candidates who are shortlisted for interviews & practical tests will be intimated by letter sent by Speed Post around the first week of June. Hall ticket numbers of these candidates (invited for interviews) will also be posted on the website around first week of June.
Syllabus for CMC:
- The Questions and syllabus will be based on the 10+2 level.
- For General Ability section the emphasis will be on Speed and Accuracy and a few questions on issues of current topical interest.
Eligibility for Admission:
- Candidates should have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission or should complete the said age on or before 31st December of the said year.
- A candidate must have 60% marks at +2 level in each of Physics, Chemistry and Biology and have an aggregate of 140 out of 200 in these subjects, both at qualifying and competitive examinations and should have passed in English.
CMC Application Process:
- Application form is available ONLY online. Candidates may apply online at the CMC website http://admissions.cmcvellore.ac.in.
- The payment of the exam can be done as follows:
- Payment can be made through Bank Challan which will be generated when filling payment details in the application form.
- Please mention FC-CMC-V on the challan. (Send the original challan with the application form).
- Demand draft in favour of “C.M.C. Vellore Association a/c” on any Scheduled Bank, payable in Vellore. Keep your demand draft ready before filling the application form. Write your name and application number on the back of the demand draft before dispatching.
- Online payment using payment gateway.
- Take print out of the completed application form and the application confirmation form.
- Send the completed application with the proof of payment to the following address:
- Hall Tickets will be available on the website to download, 15 days before the examination.
- Examination Centres:The Entrance examination will be on at the following centres: Bangalore, Calicut, Chennai, Delhi, Ernakulam, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Kottayam, Lucknow, Madurai, Mumbai, Puducherry, Salem, Thiruvananthapuram, Vellore, Vijayawada and Penang (Malaysia).
CMC Selection Process:
- All candidates whose applications are in order and complete will be registered and will go through the competitive process of Entrance Examinations and Interviews for selection. All admissions are based on inter-se merit. The College recognises that merit is not merely academic merit but is, in addition, a collection of various other factors, which go towards suitability to pursue a professional career.
- The decision of the selection committee is final.
CMC Course Duration:
The MBBS course is of four and a half years duration and is followed by one (1) year of Compulsory Rotating Residential Internship.
Leave a Reply