Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka Under Graduate Entrance Test or popularly known as the COMEDK UGET, is the entrance exam conducted in Karnataka for admissions in various undergraduate courses in Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges all over the state.
Number of Seats and Reservations:
About 14 medical colleges, 25 dental colleges and over 150 engineering colleges participate in the COMEDK with over 20,000 seats available for admission.
COMEDK Paper Pattern:
In COMEDK UGET, for MBBS/BDS, 60 questions are set from each Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English making the exam of a total of 240 questions carrying one mark each. There is no negative marking. Physics and Chemistry comprises of one paper and Biology and English comprises of one paper with 2 hour duration for each. 50% marks are required in English but the marks of English do not contribute to the overall ranking of the candidate. The rank of the candidate is determined with the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Syllabus for COMEDK:
The syllabus of COMEDK UGET is same as that of the present syllabus of 10+2 Higher Secondary or 2nd PUC.
COMEDK Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility criteria of COMEDK UGET is discussed below:
- Candidates must have Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) along with English as a compulsory subject in 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from any recognised board in India
- Candidates must secure at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together along with passing the subjects individually. The relaxation is up to 40% for SC, ST or OBC students of Karnataka
- Along with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, candidates should also secure 50% marks in English; 40% in case of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka
- Candidates should be 17 years of age on or before 31st December on the year of admission
- Candidate must be an Indian citizen
COMEDK Application Process:
For applying in COMEDK UGET, candidates need to fill in the application form available in online format and send it along with the fee as demand draft in the address as given in the official website.
Usually the COMEDK UGET form is available in March and the last date for receipt of the form is in April. The exam is usually held in the month of May and results can be expected by the month of May.
Leave a Reply