All India Institute of Medical Sciences or AIIMS is the most prestigious institution of India. It conducts this exam for the admission of students to the MBBS course of AIIMS New Delhi and six new AIIMS like institutions. All India Institute of Medical Sciences was established by an Act of Parliament of 1956 as an autonomous institution of national importance and its objectives and functions were defined. By virtue of this Act, the Institute awards its own medical degrees, diplomas and other academic distinctions. The degrees and diplomas awarded by the Institute under the All India Institute of Medical Sciences Act are recognized medical qualifications for the purpose of the Indian Medical Council Act and notwithstanding anything contained in the Medical Council Act, are deemed to be included in the first schedule of that Act, entitling the holders to the same privileges as those attached to the equivalent awards from other universities of India.
Other AIIMS Institutes in the country:
Under the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana six New All India Institutes of Medical Sciences have been established similar to AIIMS, New Delhi at Bhopal, Patna, Jodhpur, Rishikesh, Raipur and Bhubaneswar.
The selection for admission in these institutes will be done through the same entrance examination through which candidates are selected for AIIMS, New Delhi.
Number of Seats and Reservations:
A. AIIMS, New Delhi:
This year 72 (seventy two) seats for Indian Nationals are available for admission to MBBS course. Out of these, 11 (eleven) seats are reserved for the Scheduled Castes, 5 (five) seats are reserved for the Scheduled Tribes, 19 (nineteen) seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes and 37 (thirty seven) seats for General Category for Indian Nationals. A 3% reservation for Orthopaedic Physically Handicapped[OPH] shall be provided on horizontal basis, in the seats available. The number of seats for Foreign Nationals shall be announced only after appropriate communication is received by AIIMS, New Delhi from the Government of India. Please await subsequent announcement at the AIIMS website:
B. Six other AIIMS:
In the six new AIIMS (viz: Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, Patna, Raipur and Rishikesh,) with intake of 100 students each, the reservation policy followed will be 7.5% ST, 15% SC and 27% OBC, for Indian Nationals. A 3% reservation for Orthopaedic Physically Handicapped shall be provided on horizontal basis, in the seats available.
* The number of seats for Foreign Nationals are pending notification by the Government of India
AIIMS Paper Pattern:
The Competitive Entrance Examination will be of 3½ hours duration and will have one paper consisting of 200 objective type (multiple choice and reason-assertion type) questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Knowledge. The distribution of questions is as follows:
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|Biology (Botany and Zoology)||60|
Incorrect responses will be given negative marks. Each correct response will get a score of 1 mark and each incorrect response will get a score of -1/3 (minus-one-third). No credit will be given for the questions not answered. More than one response will be treated as wrong answer and negatively marked.
Syllabus for AIIMS:
The general standard of the Competitive Entrance Examination will be that of 12th class under the 10+2 Scheme/Intermediate Science. No syllabus for the examination has been prescribed by the Institute.
AIIMS Eligibility Criteria:
a:) For Indian Nationals:(Common to AIIMS New Delhi and Six AIIMS like institutes)
Age eligibility: He/She should have attained or will attain the age of 17 (seventeen) years as on the 31st of December of the year of admission.
Academic eligibility: He/She should have passed the 12th Class under the 10+2 Scheme/ Senior School Certificate Examination or Intermediate Science (I.Sc.) or an equivalent examination of a recognised University/Board of any Indian State with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
General category: 60% marks in aggregate in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together in class XII examination.
SC/ST/OBC category: 50% marks in aggregate in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together in class XII examination.
b:) For Overseas Citizen of India (OCI):(Common to AIIMS New Delhi and Six AIIMS like institutes)
OCI registered under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 are also eligible to appear in this test and all terms and conditions applicable for Indian Nationals given in this Prospectus will be applicable to them. The candidate will submit proof of Registration as OCI under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 to be eligible to appear to this test.
c:) For Foreign Nationals:(For AIIMS New Delhi only)
Foreign candidate nominated by the Government of India are required to have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in the subjects of english, physics, chemistry and biology in their Intermediate Science or an equivalent examination to be eligible for admission to the M.B.B.S. Course.
Foreign candidates are NOT required to appear at the Competitive Entrance Examination.
AIIMS Application Procedure:
- A candidate seeking admission to the Entrance Examination is required to apply online application in the prescribed format available online atwww.aiimsexams.org with the prospectus.
- The cost of Application Form includes the fee for entrance examination which is non-refundable and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
- Candidates are advised to give order of preference for the Six New AIIMS, apart from AIIMS New Delhi in the Application Form.
- Status of Online Registration: Acknowledgement with regard to successful Online Registration will be forwarded to applicant email ID/ SMS. However, the status of Application / Admit Card will be available on AIIMS website www.aiimsexams.org. Candidates are advised to check position regarding acknowledgement of their Online Registration
- Incomplete application will be summarily rejected and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- The exam is conducted in both modes i.e. Online as well as Offline mode. Candidates must give their preference in the application form at the time of applying. The online mode will be subject to availability of minimum candidates in a particular centre failing which such candidates will be asked to appear for the Examination through offline mode only or at other city and decision of AIIMS will be final in this regard.
- The exam is conducted in Ahmedabad, Bangaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jammu, Jodhpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Patna and Raipur.
- The foreign nationals are not required to fill up the application form prescribed by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences. ·
- Procedure: Foreign nationals who wish to apply for admission to MBBS Course against the one (01) seat reserved for foreign candidates should apply to the Government of India through their Diplomatic Channels and not to AIIMS. The nominations for foreign category are made by the Government of India. Candidates are, therefore, advised to correspond with the Ministry of External Affair, Government of India, New Delhi, and not with this Institute.
- Authorities concerned with seats reserved for foreign candidates
plz suggest me best way to good in gk for aiiims
Your comment is awaiting moderation.
80 mg celexa